Let's meet face to face!
RIOT is the friendly operating system for the Internet of Things. If you cannot run Linux on your device due to constrained hardware, use RIOT! RIOT explicitly implements the idea of an open Internet. It supports all relevant standards and is distributed under open source license. You find more details on www.riot-os.org.
The RIOT community consists of companies, academias, and hobbyist, distributed all around the world. RIOT aims to implement all relevant open standards supporting an Internet of Things that is connected, secure, durable & privacy-friendly.
About the RIOT Summit
Over the last years, RIOT has emerged as one of the agile and state of the art operating system for the IoT. The previous Summits were a big success. It’s time to meet again!
The RIOT Summit aims for bringing together RIOTers, beginners and experts, as well as people interested in the IoT in general and decision makers who plan to deploy RIOT in the future. The event combines plenary talks, hands-on tutorials, and break-out sessions. The Summit will not only inform about latest developments but will also help to gather feedback from the community to shape the RIOT future.
What can you expect?
This is the eighth summit of the RIOT community. We will put hell of a lot of energy to make this a special event.
- Great talks
- Lively demos and tutorials
- Social networking
- No registration fees but reservation is needed
Why should you attend?
It’s like vacation. Once a year you should come together with the members of the community to reflect on the past and push the future.
- Contact with senior and junior RIOT developers
- Latest community news
- Participation is free
Why should you sponsor?
RIOT is a community product and we want to involve as many people as possible. We don’t want to introduce fees and need your help!
- Explicit support of the RIOT community
- High visibility
- Different sponsor levels
- Connect with RIOT developers and users
Monday, September 18
08:30am (UTC+2): Registration and Coffee
12:30pm - 1:45pm (UTC+2): Lunch
1:45pm - 3:15pm (UTC+2): Session Networking
(room 4-8 Benjamin Valentin)
3:15pm - 3:45pm (UTC+2): Coffee Break
3:45pm- 5:15pm (UTC+2): Session System
(room 4-8 )
- Marian Buschsieweke, "The Peripheral Selftesting Shield" (abstract) (slides) (video)
- James Munns, "MnemOS" (abstract) (slides) (video)
- Kaspar Schleiser, "RIOT-rs - A mostly-Rust configuration of RIOT OS" (abstract) (slides) (video)
5:15pm- 5:45pm (UTC+2): Planning breakout sessions
6:20pm (UTC+2): Departure for Social Event
7:00pm (UTC+2): Social Event at Zum Rad
Tuesday, September 19
10:30am - 12:30pm (UTC+2): Breakout Sessions
- Rust Breakout Session (Notes)
- CoAP Breakout Session (Notes)
- Documentation Breakout Session (Notes)
- Runtime Configuratoin Breakout Session (Notes)
12:30pm - 1:30pm (UTC+2): Lunch
1:30pm - 3:00pm (UTC+2): Session Security
(room 4-8 Emmanuel Baccelli)
- Sören Tempel, "Automated Testing of Stateful Network Protocol Implementations in the IoT" (abstract) (slides) (video)
- Chrystel Gaber, "TinyContainer, an abstraction and resource control layer for containers on RIOT" (abstract) (slides) (video)
3:00pm - 3:30pm (UTC+2): Coffee Break
3:30pm - 5:00pm (UTC+2): Session Applications
(room 4-8 Christian Amsüss)
- Zhaolan Huang, "U-TOE: Universal TinyML On-board Evaluation Toolkit for Low-Power AIoT" (abstract) (slides) (video)
- Koen Zandberg, "RIOT-based power meter reader" (abstract) (slides) (video)
- Lasse Rosenow, "A Runtime Configuration Registry for RIOT" (abstract) (slides) (video)
5:00pm - 5:15pm (UTC+2): Open Mic
5:15pm - 5:30pm (UTC+2): Wrap-Up
The social will be at Zum Rad
The address is Leonhardsgasse 2, 60389 Frankfurt-Seckbach.
We go there together via bus. The bus stop will be announced beforehand. Please be at the bus stop in time! To return to your hotel you can take the bus M43.
Don't forget to bring your badge!
Location of the Summit on the campus
Roomplan - Groundfloor
Roomplan - Upstairs
From Frankfurt Central station it is about 15 minutes to the venue of the RIOT summit at Frankfurt UAS. Check the connections at the web page of the local transport provider RMV from Hauptbahnhof to Nibelungenplatz.
The public transport is operated by RMV. The nearest station is Nibelungenplatz/Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.
Hotel Arena Villa am Wasserpark
Mid budget.Breakfast available.
Address: Friedberger Landstraße 285, 60389 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Distance to venue: 800m by foot
City Hotel Mercator Frankfurt
Low to mid budget.
Address: Mercatorstraße 3, 60316 Frankfurt am Main,Germany
Distance to venue: 1100m by foot
Best Western Premier IB Hotel Friedberger Warte
Mid to high budget.
Address: Homburger Landstr. 4, 60389 Frankfurt, Germany
Distance to venue: 1.3 km by foot
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you provide options for remote participation?
We highly encourage all participants to join us on-site in Frankfurt. We do, however, also provide options to join the presentations remotely and to participate in the Q&As. For that please join the Zoom meeting at:
Meeting ID: 630 9721 9727
How much does registration at the RIOT Summit costs?
Participating at the RIOT Summit 2023 will be free of charge. However, explicit registration is mandatory for planning purposes.